Vegan Spicy Tofu Sushi
Write a review
- 1 cup Sushi Rice
- 1/2 package Firm Tofu
- 2-3 tsp Sriracha
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- Seaweed Wrap (as many as you plan to make)
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- Sushi Mat
- SAUCE: (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 3 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Cook up your sushi rice as directions on bag recommend. Typically it's 1 cup of sushi rice with 1 1/4 cup of water.
- While rice is cooking, slice your package of tofu in half. You'll only need half of the package so the half you use, drain and squeeze all of the water out using your hands. Crumble.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and add the vegan mayo, sriracha and black sesame seeds. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Once rice is done, drain and mix in the rice vinegar and the turbinado sugar. Place in freezer for about 10 minutes to allow it to harden.
- Slice the avocado down the middle, take out the seed and scoop it out of the shell. Slice it up into think layers. Set aside.
- -To Make Sauce-
- Mix the vegan mayo and sriracha sauce together in a bowl and set aside to top the sushi or as a dipping sauce.
- -Putting It All Together-
- Lay out the sushi mat, place a seaweed wrap flat on top. Spread out a thin layer of rice across the entire seaweed wrap, leaving about a 1/2 in. of space on each side. I highly recommend having a bowl of water on the side to wet your hands throughout the process. It'll help the rice not stick to your hands.
- Once the rice is added, spoon a thin line of the tofu mix across just one end of the wrap (if you add the mixture to the entire wrap, it'll be an overload and you'll have it come out the ends of the wrap).
- Next top the tofu mix with the avocado slices.
- Using the sushi mat, tightly roll the sushi. .
- In order to slice it easily, I highly recommend allowing the wrap to sit in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Cut into 1 inch slices using a knife that has teeth. (it can be a challenge)
- Drizzle the sauce over the sushi. (optional)
- Adapted by Miss Frugal Mommy