Vegan Gingerbread Muffins
Write a review
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour - oats ground up into a flour in the food processor. Use gluten-free if allergic/intolerant
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp plant based milk (I used almond milk)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed + 6 tbsp hot water
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Handful sliced/chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (vegan)
- 4 Tbsp water
- Make the flax 'eggs'. This is done by mixing the milled flaxseed with 6 tbsp of hot water. Allow it to set for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredints: all purpose flour, oat flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sugar, salt and spices.
- Add in the plant-based milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and the flaxseed mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Grease a muffin pan and pour the batter into each muffin slot.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned on top.
- While muffins are baking, mix together the confectioners sugar and water in a bowl. Stir until creamy. Set aside.
- Once muffins are done, allow them to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Once removed from the pan, drizzle the icing on top of muffins and top with sliced/chopped almonds.
- Adapted from Nadia's Healthy Kitchen