This was my first holiday to make a vegan holiday roast. I have to say that I was pretty excited to “make” one. When I say “make”, I mean pulling the holiday roast out of the box and adding it to a roaster.
What brand to buy?
There are many different well known brands to buy vegan holiday roasts from. I decided to try out the Gardein Holiday Roast. The roast was stuffed on the inside with cranberry wild rice stuffing. It also had two packages of gravy in the box. Score!
Other popular brands include:
How to cook it?
- Holiday Roast, thawed in fridge for at least 24 hours
- 3 medium-large sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- 10 red potatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- roast pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Wash your potatoes and carrots.
- Cut the vegetables into large chunks.
- Add the thawed holiday roast and the vegetables to the roast pan.
- Add a tad bit of water to the bottom of the pan so the bottom of the vegetables and roast doesn’t burn.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and olive oil.
- Pour the sauce over the holiday roast and vegetables.
- Add the lid to the roast pan and place in oven (if you don’t have a lid, use tin foil).
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice roast into thin pieces for the best flavor.