Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Write a review
- 3 cans of green beans, (no salt added)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt and black pepper (season to taste)
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, rinsed (or 1 can)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups fried onions (make sure they are vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a skillet over medium heat, add vegan butter, green onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cook for a few minutes, then add mushrooms.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add in flour and stir.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add in vegetable broth. Stir together.
- Add almond milk next and stir again.
- Turn the heat to low to allow the mixture to thicken. Cook for 5 more minutes, until thick and bubbly.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Remove from heat and add the green beans and 1/2 cup of the fried onions.
- Mix well.
- Top with the other half of the fried onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool.
- Adapted from Minimalist Baker