Kansas City Vegan Restaurant Guide

November 2, 2017

Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Kansas City

Just because you are vegan doesn’t mean you can’t go out to eat like everyone else. So I decided to make a vegan restaurant guide that shows all of the restaurants that are vegan friendly in the Kansas City area. Even though the majority of the restaurants aren’t 100% vegan themselves, they at least have a few vegan options to choose from.

Note: I have not made it to all of the restaurants on the list yet. The list is created from my experiences as well as other Kansas City vegan’s recommendations.

Hope it helps. Enjoy!

AMERICAN

ASIAN

INDIAN

GERMAN

ITALIAN

MIDDLE-EASTERN/MEDITERRANEAN

CAFร‰S/CLEAN EATING

ETHIOPIAN

PIZZA

BBQ

MEXICAN

BAKERIES/COFFEE HOUSE/SWEETS

Hope this helps you enjoy eating out more!!!

Love to hear from you in the comments if you have any more vegan restaurants in Kansas City for me to add to the list.

25 comments

1. Comment by Sam

Sam Reply November 2, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Great list! Whatโ€™s vegan at Tiki Taco? Nothing jumped out at me on their menu.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 2, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Hi Sam, I haven’t actually been there myself yet but from what I was told, for any taco you order, they can veganize it with black beans and mushrooms. I’ve heard it’s pretty good. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Comment by Blythe

Blythe Reply November 3, 2017 at 1:26 am

allegedly they are adding vegan chorizo and veggie cheese… I’ll be keeping my eye out ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 3, 2017 at 1:38 am

nice!! That sounds delicious!

2. Comment by Dr. Janelle Louis ND

Dr. Janelle Louis ND Reply November 2, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Thank you for putting this resource together! I will definitely be sharing this with my patients who need it.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 2, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Hi Dr. Janelle,
      Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

3. Comment by T Singer

T Singer Reply November 2, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Thank you???? Ruchi Indian restaurant in OP has an entire vegan menu & the food is fab!

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 2, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Hi T Singer, I’ll have to try out their food!! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Comment by Jamini

Jamini Reply November 2, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Hi, Nice List, Thanks.
    Unfortunately, FUD closed awhile back with a huge distressing fanfare.
    So alas, it is gone.
    Also, you could add Touch of Asia Indian Restaurant at 105th & Metcalf in OP, and the many locations of Bo Lings Chinese Restaurants to your Asian list.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 2, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Hi Jamini,
      I’ve heard multiple people say different things regarding FUD. Someone mentioned they were there this last week to eat so I thought I’d go ahead and add it just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks though! I’ll go ahead and add Touch of Asia and Bo Lings to the list as well. I appreciate it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Comment by s

s Reply November 3, 2017 at 2:25 am

Fud is boarded up and closed. They apparently got evicted.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 3, 2017 at 3:23 am

Oh wow!! Good to know.

5. Comment by Kelly | @DiningDuster

Kelly | @DiningDuster Reply November 2, 2017 at 7:30 pm

THIS IS AN AMAZING COLLECTION!!

We haven’t made it down that way- hoping to change that. This list gives us good reason to schedule a trip.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 2, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Hi Kelly, yes it does! You need to come visit KC! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Comment by Amanda Gatten

Amanda Gatten Reply November 3, 2017 at 12:51 am

When Happy Apple opens, you’ll have to add them to the list. Urban Cafe always had a vegan option too! Great list! Thanks for sharing!

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 3, 2017 at 1:40 am

Thanks Amanda for checking it out! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, let me know when Happy Apple is open and I’ll add it to the list.

7. Comment by Amy Shields

Amy Shields Reply November 3, 2017 at 2:33 am

Voltaire has an awesome vegan item on the menu right now!

8. Comment by Amy Shields

Amy Shields Reply November 3, 2017 at 2:36 am

Hine Voung has great vegan food. Try the black pepper tofu!

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 3, 2017 at 3:22 am

I will have to try both of those. Sounds delicious!

9. Comment by Timothy

Timothy Reply November 5, 2017 at 5:59 am

Thanks for the list Tabitha!!!! It is greatly appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚ <3

10. Comment by Timothy

Timothy Reply November 6, 2017 at 2:31 am

Qdoba, Protein House, Westport Ice Cream, Port Fonda and Burrito Bros.

I would like to encourage you to make a section with Health food stores where we can get those great vegan products to use at home. Terra, Natures own, Natural grocers Whole foods and Hyvee.

I would also like to encourage you to make a section for our local vendors that can be bought at those stores.
    Mean Vegan tamales and mushroom jerky, Bare Food and Happy cashew chees, Rawxies and Gigi the Vegan Kale Chips.
    thanks,
    timothy

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 6, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Hi Timothy,
      Thanks so much! That’s a brilliant idea. I might just have to add that. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Comment by Audrey

Audrey Reply November 19, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Good list! I would add Rumman in Lenexa to middle eastern restaurants, itโ€™s wonderful.

• Comment by Tabitha

Tabitha Reply November 19, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Hi Audrey, thank you so much for recommending Rumman. I went ahead and added the restaurant to the list. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to go try their food!

12. Comment by redirected here

redirected here Reply February 9, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Great tremendous things here. I’m very glad to look your article. Thank you so much and i am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?